• B.A., University of Arizona (1975) (summa cum laude).
• J.D., Stanford University (1982).
• Associate editor, Stanford Law Review.
• Private practice, Munger Tolles & Olson in Los Angeles (1983-1985). General commercial litigation.
• Private practice, Osborn Maledon in Phoenix (1985-2006). General commercial litigation
practice, including complex litigation, environmental law, insurance coverage, commercial torts and
• Appointed to the Court of Appeals by Janet Napolitano in August 2006.
• Law clerk to the Hon. Judge Ben C. Duniway, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1982-1983.
• Judge Pro Tempore, Maricopa County Superior Court (1995-2006).
• Board member Arizona Center for Law in the Public Interest (1993-2006).
• Board member Children’s Action Alliance (2004-2006).
• American Bar Association
• State Bar of Arizona Court of Appeals
• Maricopa County Bar Association
• Arizona Women Lawyer’s Association